First, getting out of Seatac was hell! Thank god for my friend Brian getting up at the crack of dawn and driving me in five inches of snow on the freeway to the airport on Sunday morning. Thanks Brian! I honestly don't know what I would have done with out you. After waiting outside in line to check my bags for over an hour I finally got to my gate. All was good upon boarding, just had to wait to get de-iced. That ended up not happening for another 6 hours after getting off the plane to eat, back on the plane to sit, then de-boarding the plane once again. Turns out I lucked out, my plane was one of the last ones to get out of Seatac that night. I arrived to DC about midnight. I can't believe no one (except Bran who loves me and picked me up at the airport)waited up for me! How dare they get their beauty sleep. I woke up the next morning to Ryan (my 3 1/2 year old niece) crawling up on my bed and jumping on me. She's so dang cute I couldn't be mad that I had only gotten a few hours of sleep. I had the best time with Ryan and Kate (other niece, just turned 2). We read lots of books, played hide and seek, danced, and watched Disney movies.
Brandy surprised me after a day of heavy duty shopping with my Christmas present from both Josh, Bran, and the girls. A ticket to see Legally Blonde the Musical at the Kennedy Center! They had given my mom a ticket too but she was too sick (bad sinus infection) and unable to go. That meant Josh was forced to go. He bitched about it but I know he secretly liked it :) It was great fun and the perfect Christmas present. Thanks again you guys! Christmas morning was so fun with the girls. Ryan was very excited that Santa ate the cookies and milk she had left for him. Santa brought her the bike she's been asking for (a Tinkerbell bike with all the bells and whistles)and Kate got a tricycle. We spent the rest of the day just hanging out and relaxing.
The rest of the week was pretty low key. Friday night we had a little get together and played Mexican Train. I won a few rounds ending up with some great gifts. Gotta love those itunes gift cards! Before leaving on Sunday evening, my Dad and I took the metro into DC. Ended up going to the American History museum and walking over to see the national tree and the white house. There were also 50 trees for each state displayed around the national tree. Turns out the Washington tree was from good ole' hilltop community. You can't tell it in the picture but it was covered in little glass blown ornaments. Very Dale Chihuly inspired.
As always, the week ended way too soon. I was glad to be home in my own bed with my kitty cat but I sure do miss Ryan and Kate! Looking forward to my next visit. Thanks again Josh and Brandy for such a wonderful Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment